World of Wisdom

Got inspiring content to share? Post it here

Some deep information, that may fit some, from Matias de Stefano. Comments are welcome! What do you think? Regards Christer

1 Like

I’ve been watching some of his content, and what I’ve seen so far speaks to me. Thank you for sharing!!

1 Like

This is well worth a read for us prepping to do online gatherings, about how to step beyond just meeting in Zoom rooms. How can we level up the online experience?

This: https://journal.burningman.org/2020/04/philosophical-center/tenprinciples/creating-art-experiences-in-a-plague-world-we-can-do-this/

And also this: https://journal.burningman.org/2020/03/opinion/serious-stuff/theme-camp-isolation-experiments-week-1/

Pinging a few of you lovelies who might wish to get creative :wink: @Axel @kalima @Amit @Melker @Artemis @tova @AttilaStarkenius @Annika.shelly @Bart @Christophe @CaptainFutur3 @Malin @davidhjlindberg <3

1 Like

Hi Nils (and others),

To be frank, I do not know if the Burning Man stuff is really the answer. It feels more like a need for short term adrenaline kicks, than deep dialogues and wisdom augmentation. Not to belittle Burning Man, but understanding how the universe works is quite hard and requires much focus. But both are certainly in the right direction.

What I find less interesting with Zoom conferences are the short discussions and break outs. You cannot dig deep into a subject that way. IRL is of course the best, but otherwise LONG dialogues are probably the second best. It takes time, and it must. Also, if we were to discuss Matias de Stefano, which is probably one of those with the most deep knowledge on the planet, people must be thoroughly prepared before a zoom. Otherwise to much time is wasted.

That said, I am too new in this forum to know/understand the deeper goal of ditto. WoW quote “We believe in co-creating a better future by coming together to heal and develop – as individuals, local communities, organisations, and as a global society.”

I suppose there are several options how to act with this goal. One is to just start dialogues and activities that in some way stimulate augmentation of wisdom in interested people. Another way is to dig very deep into the processes of the universe, and from that insights (of course with some uncertainty) formulate ideas how to best contribute to a transformation of society.

I suppose that the founders of WoW have some thoughts about this. I can see from the website that WoW would like to stimulate others to start these gatherings. We all have different perspectives and I deeply respect any paths.

Perhaps the founders would like to elaborate a little, and comment my views.

All the best,
Christer

2 Likes

Beautiful @Chris, thank you!

Yes, the experiments the Burning Man community are running can be relevant for us, perhaps not based on the examples they provide but rather based on the limits of online video meetings they identify. In the name of exploration and co-creation, I feel it would be relevant to explore that question together and see what we creatively can bring about that fits WoW’s purpose.

As for Matias de Stefano and similar topics of the deeper levels of consciousness/existence, naturally not everyone will be attracted to those topics, but a lot of us are - and I, for one, would love to take part in any camp dealing with those questions at WoW Gotland!

1 Like

@nils Thank you for sharing. One could do an interactive gong bath (the vibration coming from singing bowl is intense) Or interactive drumming.

1 Like

Indeed! I’m actually planning that!

Hi Chris
Thanks for that perspective. Some reflections that came up for me while reading your post.

I will be hosting a camp focused on sense making through long form conversation with domain experts. I am struggling with how to make that more interactive and co-created.

I have also been thinking quite a bit on how to deal with the challenge of prior knowledge or prior framing from “what one knows”. That said where I’ve landed, don’t know if it is helpful, is that I will try to skip symptoms and focus on process. My current version of “design” is stream + a zoom room where ppl can join. I.e. if you want to listen -> stream. If you want to participate -> zoom.

I am hoping that the conversation will act as a frame and then allow for enough time, like setting aside a number of hours for each “topic”, I will facilitate with the initial interview and then let the conversation take it’s own life as the “audience” get to join in, reflect, question and interact. Timing would be for as long as it feels like it feels like we have energy and interest…

This is a design that fits me well. I like long form conversation and “thinking”. I know of others that shun this design and would like to have more explorative, embodied, physical… I also believe that all these paths that are designed with the intention of “development” or “wisdom” will allow for a path towards wisdom to emerge. I also think that the more ppl designing events from their own perspective the better because we will be able to include and bring more people into this journey. At least that’d be my hope.

Also after having been at a couple of these digital “conferences” (Emerge and Rebel Wisdom) I also know that I experience fatigue after a full day of talking. So I think that the variation, exploration and the unexpected will push, prod and open up to hold space for transformation to (hopefully) occur.

1 Like

Hi Amit,

Sounds good for me. I suppose that every event must be designed depending on many variables. But I think that the more complex the issues the longer time must be allocated.

All the best,
Christer

2 Likes

Inspiring content to share, relevant to World of Wisdom:

“The Great Pause:
The coronavirus has brought our economy to a standstill. But instead of rebuilding a broken system, we must explore how we can build back better.” Continue read here: https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/oureconomy/great-pause/

Also:

Pic from: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41559-020-1237-z?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=The_Great_Pause_vs_The_Great_Reset&utm_medium=email

3 Likes

Love that!

Found this quote in a book I’m reading and think it is quite fitting for what we’re doing :slight_smile:

“The future of humanity does not rest on one person, leader, or messiah with a greater consciousness to show us the way. Rather, it requires the evolution of a new collective consciousness, because it is through the acknowledgment and application of the interconnectedness of human consciousness that we can change the course of history.”

(from “Becoming Supernatural: How Common People are Doing the Uncommon” by Joe Dispenza)

2 Likes

I have come across two really interesting pieces of information:

One article a retrospect of the world looking at if from 2050 by the renowned complexity thinker Fritjof Capra: Pandemic lessons: Looking back from 2050

And then I found this wonderful talk by Stephen Jenkinson on a podcast called Rewild yourself. It is absolutely mind-blowing and wonderful. It relates to something I’ve heard several times. What do you do in a crisis? Just stop.
I would strongly recommend that you invest an hour or so in this. It is truly an other perspective. I strongly recommend it. And if you are bugged by selly intros just skip that part. The rest is worth it.

<3

1 Like

Also found this article on Microsolidarity and Organisation that I thought was super inspiring. Parts 1-3 are also good but there were a couple of nuggets here that really resonate with me… Where do you end up in regard to this?

On money / profit / taking part in “the system”
These companies are not built for profit, but with profit. Generating our own income means we have the freedom to chart our own course. I think it takes money to do something ambitious, and it takes freedom to do something radical. So I want to be in community with people who are growing their financial resilience and co-investing in each others’ commons-building companies. I know the marketplace can be distasteful, but the situation is urgent, we need to be super effective.

On growing a movement / size of teams:
If you want to be agile and adaptive in a complex and rapidly changing environment, you must move as much decision-making power as possible into groups that are small enough to be governed by spoken dialogue, not written policy.

<3

1 Like

Wisdom of the world, from long time past to present and into the future

2 Likes

Looking backwards to help us move forward :slight_smile: A brief talk from an architect seeking inspiration and solutions from ancient practises:

3 Likes

Has anyone of you ever heard of SEEDS? I am just getting into it myself, but it sounds wonderful. Would love to hear your thoughts on it our better yet – connect these two beautiful communities. Let me know, if you need an invite!
Much love,
Fabi
https://seedslibrary.com/the-most-important-decision-youll-make-during-this-global-crisis/

3 Likes

Yes let’s explore! How would you see that WoW could partner with them? What would some potential benefits be?

This guy!
On science and non-duality. Superinspiring: https://youtu.be/U1ZGcWGRxKg

1 Like

Hey Nils,
I am still exploring myself, but will talk with one of the initiators today.
I just see that there is a great alignment and it seems to make a lot of sense to join forces in order to create an alternative economic system. I think we talked in the beginning of how an alternative WoW currency could support this community.
Festivals and events to enable meaningful exchange and experiences for people to be in the regenerative movement are a central part. I think here, the concept of WoW could be very valuable. In my understanding, they are currently also working on potential VR experiences as physical events are now so difficult to realize.
If anyone is willing to explore the possibilities with me, I am happy to send out invites.
There is also a possibility to suggest campaigns to get more people on board. This is win-win(-win) as you can get SEEDs to distribute to your community for then also joining…

Would love to hook you up <3

3 Likes

I checked out SEEDS briefly and it looks very interesting! Please share what comes out of your talk :smiley:

1 Like