World of Wisdom

WoW explanation video

With a lot of people asking for more and clearer content around what we do, an amazing visual artist has offered to help us create a 2-minute animated video to explain the core concept.

Below is a suggested voice over script and here’s a video of me trying it out: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Qts3tLegffYrcSeJA

Would appreciate your thoughts before we move ahead with this!! <3

Here’s the current script:

*"Humanity is facing global challenges, affecting us all. *

At the same time, humanity holds more potential than ever before.

We believe that by coming together as individuals, communities, organisations, and as one society, we can start creating a better future now.

*World of Wisdom is a global network of gatherings, where people explore a sustainable future for themselves and the world. *

The simple underlying idea is to welcome our personal, local and global challenges together, using curiosity, playfulness and co-creation.

World of Wisdom gatherings can be set up by anyone, anywhere in the world - offline or online - and they’re all co-created by everyone who takes part.

*At World of Wisdom gatherings, you bring three simple things and leave with one. *

You bring challenges you’d like to work on. They can be personal, local or global.

*You get creative and bring gifts based on your skills, knowledge or curiosity. *

You bring a journal for taking notes along your journey.

And you’re asked to leave the gathering with one simple thing - a personal commitment to act upon whatever you found.

*You are also asked to honor World of Wisdom’s 10 guiding principles. *

The principles are there to create community and a common purpose, while allowing for a lot of creativity, exploration and fun.

*With this simple framework, any person, group or organisation can join any World of Wisdom gathering and build camps around their challenges and gifts. *

We seek to mix the wisdom of all people, including yours.

*Organisations naturally play by the same rules as individuals, which means bringing their people, their challenges and gifts - while not selling, sampling or promoting anything at the gatherings. *

*All World of Wisdom gatherings are connected into a global network, allowing our personal engagement and local initiatives to form a global force for exploring a better future together. *

*World of Wisdom is playful, co-created, open-source and constantly evolving – just like humanity. *

Join in at worldofwisdom.io

The future is as bright as you make it."

Pinging @epoquei @annaeliasson @Amit @Louise @Melker @Malin @Linus @davidhjlindberg @fabivuki @lalagogo2 @tova @Axel @Bart @Dani @fvangelius @feliciaakerlind but everyone is welcome to weigh in <3

5 Likes

Super! I don’t have any concrete improvements atm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! I’ve taken a stab at it… Here is another version that I have “had my way with”… (I realise that you had a system with the asterisks and the italics but I didn’t get it and I realised too late… That is now broken. Sorry…)

Also I aim to revisit this again…

Here goes:
Humanity is facing global challenges. They will affect you too

We believe that if we can come together as individuals, communities, organisations and society it’s up to us. We can start creating a better future. Now.

*World of Wisdom is a global network of gatherings based on 10 guiding principles, where people explore a sustainable future for themselves, their local community and the world. *

It is based on a simple and powerful idea to welcome our personal, local and global challenges together. Curiously and playfully through co-creation.

*Everyone is asked to honor World of Wisdom’s 10 guiding principles: Participation, Curiosity & reflection, Gifting & Sharing, Playful creativity, Collaboration, Leave a better trace, Consent, Self-reliance, Responsibility and Evolution”

A World of Wisdom gathering can be set up by anyone, anywhere in the world - offline or online.

*At World of Wisdom gatherings, you bring three simple things and leave with one. *

You bring personal, local or global challenges you’d like to work on.

You bring gifts based on your skills, knowledge or curiosity.

You’re asked to leave the gathering with one simple thing: a personal commitment to act upon whatever you found.

*With this simple framework, any person, group or organisation can join any World of Wisdom gathering. To build camps around their challenges, offering their gifts. *

It doesn’t matter if you are an executive or working on the factory floor. If you are a shaman or just downloaded a mindfulness app for the first time. We want your wisdom, your experiences and your perspective to co-create something new.

We believe in harnessing what is already there and hold space to allow for playful co-creation.

Organisations can participate, just as individuals. They too participate by curiously bringing their people, challenges and gifts. A gathering is not a place for selling, sampling or promoting.

*All World of Wisdom gatherings are connected into a global network, intended to let our personal engagement and local initiatives shape a better future, for all of us, together. *

Come and explore, playfully and curiously. Come and create this evolving, open-source movement. Come join World of wisdom.

1 Like

Epic! Not sure I understand what is taken out and what stays, but I’ll try to put this into a new version. Thanks! :heart::heart::pray::pray:

@Nils It’s just a new version… I just went for it… (This is (almost) the same version I recorded for you and sent on whatsapp)

Listen to the WhatsApp one too, and built on both to create this (third) version.

VERSION 3:

We are facing global challenges that will effect you, me and everyone else.

At the same time, humanity holds more potential than ever to change our world into a better one.

We started World of Wisdom on the belief that if we come together as individuals, communities, organisations and society, we can start co-creating a brighter future - now.

World of Wisdom is a global network of gatherings where people explore a sustainable future for themselves, their local community and the world - at the same time.

It’s based on a simple and powerful idea to welcome our personal, local and global challenges together, using curiosity, playfulness and co-creation.

A World of Wisdom gathering can be set up by anyone, anywhere in the world - offline or online.

At the gatherings, we come together and co-create by honoring 10 guiding principles: Participation, Curiosity & Reflection, Gifting & Sharing, Playful Creativity, Collaboration, Leave a Better Trace, Consent, Self-reliance, Responsibility and Evolution.

All participants are asked to bring three simple things and leave with one.

And then we ask you to leave the gathering with one simple thing: a personal commitment to act upon whatever you found.

With this simple framework, any person, group or organisation can join any World of Wisdom gathering. To build camps around their challenges, offering their gifts.

It doesn’t matter if you’re an executive or a factory worker. If you’re an indigenous shaman or a city kid who just downloaded your first a mindfulness app. Your perspective, ideas, projects and wisdom is equally needed to create a new society together.

Organisations are welcome, just as individuals, to bring their challenges and gifts. Honoring that World of Wisdom is not a place for any selling, sampling or logos.

All World of Wisdom gatherings are connected into one network, allowing our personal engagement and local initiatives to start forming a global movement and shape a better future, for all of us, together.

So come explore and get playful in this constantly evolving open-source movement. Come co-create a world of wisdom.

Great text, inspiring and to the point!

Link does not work tho…

Minor things again… We’re getting there.
Version 4:
We are facing global challenges that will effect you, me and everyone else.

At the same time, humanity holds more potential than ever to change our world into a better one.

We started World of Wisdom based on the belief that if we come together as individuals, communities, organisations and society, we can start co-creating a brighter future - right now.

World of Wisdom is a global network of gatherings where people explore a sustainable future for themselves, their local community and the world.

It’s based on a simple and powerful idea to welcome our personal, local and global challenges together, using curiosity, playfulness and co-creation.

At the gatherings, we come together by honoring 10 guiding principles: Participation, Curiosity & Reflection, Gifting & Sharing, Playful Creativity, Collaboration, Leave a Better Trace, Consent, Self-reliance, Responsibility and Evolution.

All participants are asked to bring three things and leave with one.

And then, we ask you to leave the gathering with one simple thing: a personal commitment to act, upon whatever you found.

With this simple framework, any person, group or organisation can join any World of Wisdom gathering. To build camps around their challenges, offering their gifts.

It doesn’t matter if you’re an executive or a factory worker. If you’re an indigenous shaman or a city kid who just downloaded your first a mindfulness app. Your perspective, ideas, projects and wisdom is equally needed to create a new society, together.

Organisations are welcome, just as individuals, to bring their challenges and gifts. Honoring that World of Wisdom is not a place for selling, sampling or logos. Instead its a place to engage, explore and co-create.

All World of Wisdom gatherings are connected into one network, allowing our personal engagement and local initiatives to start forming a global movement and shape a better future, for all of us, together.

So, come explore and get playful in this constantly evolving open-source movement. Come co-create a world of wisdom.

2 Likes

I’m happy with version 4!!! <3

1 Like

While waiting to get an animated video off the ground, here are two work-in-progress filmed videos that might add value?

Ping @Louise @Amit @lalagogo2 for input

1 Like

I like it! To me it is more clear and I’m more curious of what it’d be…
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Ok, we’ll do last fixes on Sunday and have the videos ready to share with Region Gotland on Monday (hopefully)!

3 Likes

I’m a fan! @nils Nils the video instructor. So many strings on your fiddle… <3

2 Likes

Hey wonderful tribe, just noticed that the YouTube intro video on https://worldofwisdom.io is “not available in your country (Denmark)” (https://youtu.be/wDmP50Y5i28 ) . Anyone else experiencing this? I know there has been an issue with music rights and YT videos in Denmark.
https://youtu.be/wDmP50Y5i28

1 Like

Pinging @davidhjlindberg for this. Maybe it is the music that’s the problem.