World of Wisdom

WoW Online Platform for Gatherings

This tool looks promising for hosting WoW gatherings online. We have a connection to the founder.

2 Likes

Here’s another relevant link with options: https://cmxhub.com/a-comprehensive-list-of-tips-tools-and-examples-for-event-organizers-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

Ping @Amit

Today I’ve had a meeting with a new contact at Zoom, who was very excited about WoW :slight_smile:

A suggestion is that we use Zoom as our main platform for conducting WoW gatherings online. It would work something like this:

1. We create an online calendar of camps and sessions, where people can add their camps/sessions and sign up to participate in sessions before the gathering.

2. Each camp sets up their own Zoom meeting room (costs $14.99/month for a Pro account and can be cancelled after the gathering) and creates a schedule for their meeting room. Each camp meeting room can then accept up to 100 participants. Each camp would cover that cost themselves, or through donations, or we take it out of ticket sales and have camps apply for having that cost covered by WoW. It would be suggested that each camp meeting room is set to have a waiting room, mute all participants upon entry, that the meeting is recorded (after participants give their consent) and/or livestreamed (also with consent, see point 5 below).

3. We could also do webinars with up to 100 participants and up to 10,000 passive viewers. This is much less interactive though. The costs to add webinar functionality to your account starts at $40/month, so that would also have to be covered by the camp/donations.

4. We can increase the capacity of a meeting to 500 or 1000 participants for an additional $64.99/month or $104.99/month. Relevant for camps attracting larger audiences, but we would need to figure out a plan for costs and timing of that.

5. We can set up livestreaming of camps to YouTube, Facebook or a streaming platform of our own. That means we can livestream certain content to our YouTube channel, but then not multiple camps simultaneously. For multiple simultaneous streams I think we would have to set up our own streaming on our website maybe? More info on how to set up livestreaming.

6. We can record all meetings/webinars for anyone to access later, as long as we get consent from all participants.

Zoom is also open to have a discussion with us about a potential deeper partnership once we’ve started and see some traction <3

Ping @Amit

Super feedback. Let us proceed as we’ve been bouncing back and forth.

I’m really psyched to commit to trying to make something happen on a weekly basis starting maybe in May for 6 weeks. Where one would “sublet” the wow zoom space for a worshipper that has lost their income. It’s a way to support the community of conscious / wisdom workers and for us to learn what can be done.

Do a bigger online gathering in mid/end June that is purely online.

Then do Wow Visby as a hybrid online / physical gathering. Which means we should probably add a online bucket to the Wow Trello to see what that would have to entail.

I like the idea of the camps on the zoom… I am also attracted to the idea of just having an event zoom that has a “curated” workshop schedule that one can tap into from anywhere. That way one could tap in to “highlights” and it would also allow us to sync highlights with the camps so that participants don’t miss out on content that is perhaps more planned than the ongoing activities… And then we could do parties and dj sets through zoom that other wow groups could log into in the night…

I don’t know this is where my “non-participatory festival primed” brain goes.

Nice one though @nils. Let’s see what we would have to get happening in order for them to start partnering more closely. I have a couple of things one could consider already to make better hybrid events…

1 Like

Another option: https://jitsi.org/

After tonight’s open space on Zoom, we’ve decided to do a separate online workshop around how to set up WoW online gatherings. Soft commitment to try and get one off the ground by June!!

Who wants to join and when can we talk?

3 Likes

I would love to get involved in this.

A suggestion:

• Let’s identify who wants to participate in this topic.

Let us then set up a meeting for all of those interested with the purpose of outlining a “User Journey” or a “Wire frame” for those who are at the event.

• Those that participate commits to the task of writing up a PM on: What should a WoW online gather look like? We will share the PMs and attempt to integrate these ideas into a single wire frame.

Timeline: Let’s aim for a meeting in the week that starts 20th of April.

1 Like

Yes, we’re doing a Zoom workshop around what “WoW Online” could look like, based on @Amit’s suggestion:

" Let us then set up a meeting for all of those interested with the purpose of outlining a “User Journey” or a “Wire frame” for those who are at the event.

Those that participate commits to the task of writing up a PM on: What should a WoW online gather look like? We will share the PMs and attempt to integrate these ideas into a single wire frame."

Who wants to join and how about April 22 at 20.00 CET or April 23 at 16.00 CET?

Ping @Melker @Amit @Louise @King_Daniel @fabivuki @Dani @Bart @epoquei @annaeliasson @Malin @davidhjlindberg @Axel @lalagogo2 and everyone else <3

2 Likes

Very silly question: what is a PM?

i love the idea of jitsi, but unfortunately have made really bad experience regarding connection :frowning: Anything above 3 ppl us getting really difficult, I am afraid.

1 Like

sounds great!
I can meet on the 22nd.

I can do 23rd… can we get a couple of dates up the week after… I’m trying to loop in a couple of awesome ppl that know event design that are not yet “in” the community… 28/29th of April. Anytime from my side… how does that look?

promemoria, basically a description :slight_smile:

28th works for me! Others?

Would prefer the 23rd since I already have a day full of Zooming on the 22nd, but both works!

I think we might need 1,5h if possible? 23rd or 28th?

April 22? https://www.earthday.org/

2 Likes

Both works for me :slight_smile:

Tomorrow April 22nd at 20.00 CET, how does that sound? Do you feel you have time to outline your respective structure ideas until then? :heart:

@Amit @Axel @fabivuki @Melker @JoB @lalagogo2

1 Like